The aim of the curriculum is to educate and train skilled childminders who can support the development of the child.
The childminder’s performance is aimed at supporting the child’s physical, socio-emotional, cognitive and ethical development, considering the family’s needs for child care. The childminder’s first priorities are the child’s safety and wellbeing.
Workload of programme: 60 ECVET
Standard period of study: 1 year
Language of instruction: Estonian
The curriculum consists of five basic modules:
- creating a safe and developing environment
- supporting child’s development
- health promotion of the child
- cooperation with a parent or a care worker
- working with the child with special needs
- career planning and entrepreneurship
- practical training in the working environment