The aim of the curriculum is to educate and train skilled care workers who are able to work in a multidisciplinary care team. The qualified care worker has completed professional training and has the knowledge and skills necessary to instruct and take care of people in need as well as to work in the area of rehabilitation.
The qualified care worker can find employment in elderly care, nursing homes, children’s homes, health centres, hospitals etc.
Workload of programme: 120 ECVET
Standard period of study: 2 years
Language of instruction: Estonian
The curriculum consists of nine eight basic modules:
- basics of care
- care activities
- developing, mentoring and activating the individual who needs help
- team management and coaching
- care of families with children
- care of the elderly
- care of people with special needs
- practical training in the working environment
- career planning and entrepreneurship